Piriformis Stretches That Help Get Rid Of PainBy Anthony K
The irritation of the sciatic nerve typically results in lower back pain; it can also affect the feet and the limbs. It is a health problem affecting many and can disrupt your routine, and your life. The piriformis muscle typically joins the spine with the top of the femur and permits the body’s foot, upper leg, and hips outward movements. It may at times irritate the sciatic nerve and cause pain, which can be intense. Sciatica’s treatments typically entail medication, surgery, and physical therapy.
Piriformis Stretches that help alleviate sciatica pain
The standing Piriformis stretches
- If you are experiencing trouble when balancing. You should stand having your back against the wall, and have your feet, walk forward 24 inches. Have your knees above your ankles, and then take your hips down towards the floor at an angle of 45 degrees.
- Having lifted your right foot from the ground, position your right ankle’s outer part above your left knee.
- Lower your chest to your knees as you lean forward and ensure that your back is straight
- Once you feel the glute stretch, stop.
- Hold for half a minute to a minute, proceed to switch legs, and repeat.
Hip Extension Exercise
- With your body in all fours position, have your shoulders directly above your hands and shift your weight a bit from the leg you are to work.
- With the knee bent, raise your knee from the floor such that the foot’s soles move to the ceiling.
- Lower your leg slowly back to the floor. Repeat this motion 15 times, roughly (if you can).
Outer hip piriformis stretches
- Bend your right knee as you lie on your back.
- Using your heft hand, pull the knee through to the left side. Ensure that as you do this, your back is in the ground. You should feel the stretch in the buttocks and the hips
- Maintain for about half a minute and repeat this on the other side.
In conclusion, with the above Piriformis Stretches, you will be able to get rid of sciatica, hip, and lower back pain.