Curved Treadmills: The Benefits And DownsidesBy Stephen M
The treadmill is one of the basic pieces of equipment you will see at every gym. Some homes with a training facility also keep it for their daily exercising. But why are some people and gyms interested in a curved treadmill and sticking to it? Let’s find out more.
The curved treadmill is a non-motorized or manual treadmill with a concave platform. It is built so that users can walk or run on it with each foot stride pulling the belt behind.
The curved treadmill has become popular for different reasons. It is currently hard to get and comes at a high cost. However, this equipment is not for everyone since it has its own downsides.
Benefits of Curved Threadmill
- Calorie burn on a curved treadmill is higher since a lot of effort is needed
- It promotes and enhances your running
- Ideal for short session training
- It needs very little maintenance
- Others also believe that this treadmill is safer than the motorized one.
Downsides of Curved treadmill
- It is not ideal for long run sessions
- You always need to be on high alert when using it
- Learning to control your pace can be difficult
- It is expensive
- Since it requires a lot of effort you need to constantly change your pace to avoid fatigue
This makes the curved treadmill not ideal for an average runner. It is made for pros.
Here are some of the best curved treadmills on the market!
Woodway treadmill has become a choice for many due to its high-quality construction. The company’s brand of curve treadmills is more curved compared to others. This helps runners to pick up pace very fast and easily. However, you may need a great deal of force and strength.
The YRRA Jianshu curved treadmill is a delight to watch. It is beautifully crafted and performs just as it should.
Wolfmate curved treadmill
If you are looking for high resistance, go in for the Wolfmate curved treadmill. It is best for people who require more power in their race, especially in hillier races. Also, it has spacious running modes and can improve running forms.