6 Low Sugar Fruits and VegetablesBy Divya G
If you have started watching your sugar intake, congratulations, you have moved one step further in taking care of your health. Nevertheless, it has always been a challenge for humans to tame their sweet tooth. While you may have cut down on processed sugars, you may not realize how much sugar is contained in vegetables and fruits.
It is important to know the sugar levels in the fruits and vegetables you eat because irrespective of them being all-natural, they are prone to causing some health problems like diabetes, weight gain, etc.
With that said, here are some low sugar fruits and vegetables that you should know of.
- Watermelon: While watermelon may seem to be all sugary, this quintessential iconic fruit of the summer has the lowest sugar and carbohydrate content. A 100g watermelon only has 7.55 grams of sugar.
- Bell Peppers: The crunchy, light bell peppers just have 5 grams of sugar per 100 grams of serving.
- Lemons and Limes: These are citrus fruits rich in vitamin C. They are fairly sour in taste and don’t contain much sugar. A single lemon may contain a gram or two of sugar.
- Cucumbers: Cucumbers are 90% water and are the best eaten raw. 100 grams of peeled cucumbers only contain 2.16 grams of sugar.
- Strawberries: Strawberries are low in sugar. It is a surprise given that they taste incredibly sweet and delicious. 100 grams of strawberries only contain 7 grams of sugar.
- Spinach: Spinach is a superfood that is beneficial for your health in so many ways. The good thing is that it is extremely low in sugar, containing only 3.63 grams per 100 grams.
These are the six essential fruits and vegetables that are naturally low in sugar and carbohydrates.